Thursday, August 24, 2017

New In Stores: Lip Care

I love just about anything when it comes to beauty, but I feel that lip care products are often neglected or not cared as much for. I have a few lip balm brands that I've been loving for years and I rarely buy anything different. However, with all the hype about a new lip balm from EOS, I had to research it and I also found a few other exciting products.


It's been a hard task finding EOS Crystal lip balm (link) as it seemed to be sold out or not in stores yet wherever I went. Though finally I've found it at my Walgreens in Hibiscus Peach flavor. I've tried Eos lip balms in the past, but I've never liked them as they didn't give me enough hydration. This one seems to be a little different in shape and different in hydration. It's a clear lip balm that has a little bit bouncy (like rubber) texture. The flavor is good, not overpowering, but strong enough and lasts for a little while. It reminds me of some candy from my childhood. You can see in the photo how the texture wears and gets a bit uneven when using the product. This balm feels very light on the lips and gives good hydration. I had to keep reapplying the regular Eos balms constantly, but this one lasts well. I think the packaging is a bit bulky to carry in a handbag, so I keep it on my makeup table for a quick use before my makeup application.  


Just when I started to feel that there's nothing new in Pacifica line, they came out with a bunch of new lip balms and a lip scrub. The flavors sound interesting, but I'm the fruity lip balm type of a girl, so there's only a few that I'm interested in. The one I purchased to try out is called Rainbow Watermelon (link) and it's yummy! While it smells/tastes great, it light enough and doesn't last long. The lip balm is in perfect texture and isn't too soft or too hard. It applies on the lips easily and gives good moisture. However, apart from a cute packaging and nice flavor, it's nothing too exciting about it. Yet I still want to try a few more flavors.


I received my Pacifica Candied Lips Like Sugar lip scrub (link) on a hot day and was worried that it might have melted. It did not, but when I tried it for the first time, it was too soft and applied to the lips too easily. There was no exfoliation as the scrub just piled on the lips. I had to use my fingers to get the effect. However, once I let the scrub stay in the house for a while, the texture hardened a bit making it good enough so that it would exfoliate the lips when being applied. It's good, but not perfect and I use my fingers to get the most of it. This lip scrub is more convenient to apply that lip scrubs in different containers, but it still needs additional effort to work on the lips. This is the main reason why I don't think I'll repurchase it. As for the flavor, it's very light and I mostly taste sugar as this scrub is packed with sugar granules (you can see that in the photo).

No comments:

Post a Comment