Saturday, August 26, 2017

BeautyFix August 2017 Unboxing and Review

Last month I was tempted to get BeautyFix subscription box (link), but I didn't, because I wasn't convinced enough. Some months seem to have great products while others have nothing I'd be excited about. However, after watching August box's unboxing on Youtube I was sold right there right then and placed my order.


BeautyFix can be purchased as a one time box ($34.95) or as a subscription ($24.95/month). I went with the subscription option, and while it's easy to cancel it anytime, I'm keeping mine after seeing the spoiler for September. This box contains a mix of 6+ full, deluxe and sample sized products that total $100 or more. I'm a bit skeptical when it comes to the value of subscription boxes as I don't see value in samples as well as in deluxe samples unless they're sold in those sizes regularly. This particular BeautyFix box has 2 full sized items that retail $61 total, so that's the value I put to the box. While it's not $100+, I'm still very happy with what's in the box. Well, I better be happy as I ordered knowing what I'll get. The shipping was extremely fast as I ordered it on Wednesday, the box was shipped Thursday and delivered Saturday.


The first full size item is Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser (retails $22, link). It's a gel cleanser that doesn't strip off the skin, but removes all impurities. It actually feels moisturizing and non-drying at all. I've used this cleanser in the past, but can't remember much though since I wanted to use it again, it must be good to my skin. I can't describe the scent, but it's not overpowering. It smells light and pleasantly.


The second full size product is Foreo Luna Play facial cleansing device (retails $39, link). I'm very sensitive when it comes to vibrating facial products (that includes electric toothbrushes), so I thought I'll give it away. I've tried Luna Play in the past when I received it as part of GWP, but after seeing this cutie again, I think I might give it a chance. Luna Play is the one that is supposed to work up to 100 times and doesn't have a chargeable/changeable battery. I think once the battery is dead, it can be used as a regular face washing pad.


 
I'm very excited about MD Solar Sciences Mineral Tinted Creme SPF 30 (1.7 oz retails $32, link). I walk my dogs before my morning routine and since I use AHA/BHA/retinol products in the evening, I apply sunscreen to my face first thing in the morning. I can't wait to try this out as my current sunscreen is expiring and I need to find something new and anything with a tint doesn't hurt. I've only tested out on my hand and it feels silicone-y, but that doesn't bother me as I will be washing it off before my morning routine.


August's BeautyFix box also has two samples from Dermatologic Cosmetic Labaratories: Hydra Boost Finishing Serum (1oz retails $110, link) and Skin Renewal Complex SPF 30 (1oz retails $130, link). They both sound promising and exciting, but I haven't tried any yet.


A mini sized Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (1oz retails $27, link) is also in the box. It comes in Translucent color. Since I haven't tried it yet, I can't tell anything else, but I've heard good things about this brand.


  
Last but not the least are two health related products. I've tried Perricone MD Super Berry with Acai Supplemental Powder (30 packets retail $37.50, link) once recently, but I didn't like it. The taste is not the worst, but it's not for me, so I doubt I'll have this one. The next supplement is from Keranique and it's a 7 day supply of Daily Essentials dietary supplement (30ct retails $49, link). The ingredient list sounds promising and contains essential vitamins and minerals. I'm not sure how much effect can be seen after a week, but I'm trying to be optimistic. What I love about this product as each day's tablets come in separate packets, so it's easy to pack them for traveling or to carry them with you in case you want to take them with your lunch at work, etc.      

No comments:

Post a Comment