Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April empties

I called this post "April empties", but it's not 100% true as I finished a few more items since the time I took these pictures. However, I'm traveling currently and don't have the photos of the rest of the products that I've used up. At least I am sure I will not have any more empty items for the month, so here I go.

Natural Dentist "peppermint twist" mouth wash - it's hands down the best mouth wash of them all! This brand comes in different flavors, but this one is my favorite. It's refreshing, but not too strong, doesn't sting the mouth, and lasts a decent time.
Kiss My Face whitening toothpaste - I usually don't stick to one toothpaste for too long (with exception to Weleda salt toothpaste), so I like switching them. I didn't notice whitening effect, but keep in mind that I don't use such toothpastes regularly, and I usually have 2-3 open ones at the same time.
Radius "mint" and "cranberry" dental floss - these come in separate sachets, so it's a great option for travel, or just keeping in one's bag. It's really good, but not perfect, and when it comes to flosses, I prefer Dr. Tung's.

Pristine Beauty "take a whiff" deodorant - I didn't finish using this and had to throw away quite a lot as it changed the smell :( Not sure I'm really sorry about that as it didn't work as well as I expected. I had this deodorant in the past and loved it, so I got another one. When I was using it for the first time, it lasted forever and was very effective, but this time I wasn't so happy with the product, and I wouldn't recommend it to others to try (unless you don't mind spending a bit more money on a deodorant).
Burt's Bees foot lotion - this product deserves a big NO from me. It's greasy, hard to absorb, too liquid-y  and messy in every other way. I don't really enjoy any of BB hand or foot products as they can't be used in normal conditions, and by that I mean "rub the cream and go" way. The only way I could use this foot lotion was to cover my feet in huge amount of it before bedtime and put some socks on. That way my feet felt incredibly soft and smooth in the morning. Too bad the effect didn't last too long and once I took a shower, my feet were back to normal.
Giovanni "avocado & olive oil" body lotion - the smell was ok, but it wasn't natural enough for what I prefer, and this is the biggest con for me. Otherwise, the lotion was nice: light, moisturizing and easy to absorb. I have one more in different scent that I'm about to finish during the coming month, but I don't think I'll buy any more in the future, and that's entirely due to the way they smell.
Jason Natural "citrus" body wash - I'm not picky when it comes to shower gels, so this worked fine for me. It's a huge bottle and might get you bored while using it, but as I have 1-2 other opened products, I can always switch.

Andalou Naturals exfoliating peel - I had a mini size that came from this set. I'm not big on face masks and extra treatments, so I wasn't thrilled with this item. In fact, I didn't even give it a decent use. I used it as a face wash/scrub.
100% Pure "coffee bean" eye cream - it's not expensive, and the tube lasted me since November. What a good deal! It's the second time I've used this cream, and it didn't disappoint me. It's rich and moisturiing enough, but doesn't leave your undereyes greasy, and doesn't give any issues with applying makeup. I think it might be too rich for me for the warm weather, but I would buy it again in colder months.
100% Pure "vitamin C" serum - I cannot be objective about the effect it gives as I didn't use it constantly. I would use it, and then make a break, and then use again. I didn't notice any changes if I used it or not.
Aubrey Organics "white camellia & jasmine" conditioner spray - it also comes in bigger size, but it's cheaper to buy two smaller ones (besides, you get additional 10% discount on 2), and it's a great size for traveling. It's a light conditioner, but it refreshes hair and makes them shiny. I already have a new bottle in my bathroom.
Veria ID "big ambition" shampoo - it's just your basic shampoo. I didn't feel like it does anything great to my hair. Also, I noticed that it lasted for a very short time as you can literally see how the amount goes down after each use. This is a no no buy.
Mineral Fusion purifying gel cleanser - I only had a sample, but I quite liked it. I would like to get the full size and get a more decent test. It didn't irritate my eyes, it washed off my makeup well, it didn't dry my skin, and those are the most important criteria for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment