Thursday, April 23, 2015

Review: Caribbean Solutions self tanner

I have pale skin, I don't tan, I don't like sunbathing, and I have no problem with my light skin. In fact, I get many compliments on my complexion. Yet I couldn't resist trying out Caribbean Solutions "beach colours" natural self-tanner. Don't ask me for a reason behind my decision as there's none. Yup, none...





Anyway, it is recommended to apply the cream for 2 days in a row, then wait 2 days, and then apply again. I was unsure how it will all go, but since the warm weather isn't here yet, I can always cover up with pants and long sleeves, so I gave it a try. I applied the cream after the bedtime shower, and was a little worried that it would stain my sheets/nightshirt. However, once I touched the cream, I was confident that I will have no issues. As you can see from a picture above, the cream is white. The texture is light and quickly absorbent, and it has a neutral smell.

The next morning I woke up with a shade of a tan on my skin, and I wasn't sure if it is really that nice color, or if it is just an illusion as the result was very soft. I did apply the cream that day again, and then I could clearly tell that I have a tan. It was very natural looking, even throughout the body, and had no yellow/orange tint to it. It looked amazing!

Instead of being happy with the results, I applied the self tanner today again (3rd day in a row). Now that was a little too much... Not that there's anything wrong, but it's a bit too dark for what my eyes are used to - I ended up looking like I've just got from vacation. Actually, I think I'm used to my white skin, and getting a tan so quickly isn't normal to me, especially when that's the maximum darkness I get throughout the summer. The good thing is that the color is still even and natural looking. Also, I quite liked it today as I was wearing a skirt to work, and I think tan looks better with shorter skirts/dresses.    



I used an Instagram filter for this picture, so it might not represent the true color, but it is very close to it. Well, at least you can see that my legs are not white anymore, which is something new and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment