Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Weekly Empties (12)

Another week with only a few items. Though I don't even know how it became a norm for me to have 10+ used up products a week as I've never been into crowding my bathroom. I did finish a few more items than are in the photo, but they were sample/mini size and didn't impress me enough to mention them and the ones that made an impression are reviewed bellow. 


I use Shiseido cotton, so when I needed makeup remover wipes, I decided to try Refreshing Cleansing Sheets (link). I liked them, but I don't think I will repurchase them sometime soon. These wipes have no scent, feel very gentle on the skin and while they do a good job, there were times when I felt they weren't removing all makeup well. I use wipes to remove my eye makeup and sometimes after using these I would still have mascara left on my lashes.

I use a few different acids in my skincare regimen, but the one that works magic is Sunday Riley Good Genes lactic acid. The mini sized bottle that I just finished came in Flash Fix Kit (link). I do love this product as it does the job, but is gentle on my skin. I don't get any skin sensitivity, irritation, redness or anything like that. Very rarely I'll feel some tingling, but that's all. I love using Good Genes in small amounts as I see a change in my skin within 2-3 days, even after one treatment my skin looks better. However, if I use it for a week or longer I stop seeing any changes, so samples or mini sizes of this product are perfect for me.

I haven't tried many products from Kate Somerville, but I've heard great reviews about them. Even my family members use them and love them, so I finally tried Exfolikate Glow Moisturizer (link). I had hopes since it contains both lactic and glycolic acids as well as other great ingredients, but it was just an ok product. I used it once a day as I felt that using this cream twice a day and my other acids is a bit too drying for my skin. This moisturizer is light, sinks into the skin quickly, doesn't leave any residue, doesn't irritate the skin, but sometimes I would feel some tingling. I was expecting an immediate effect and clearer, brighter skin, but I didn't get that. I still have a few minis of it, so I will use them and see if that gives me better results.

Another week and another Leader's sheet mask, This time it is 7 Wonders Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask (link). I talked about them a lot, so not going to expand on them today. I love them, I continue using them and I will use them in the future.

With all March's snow storms and cold weather my hands needed another mask, so this time I purchase one by Le Mini Macaron. Vanilla Almond Hand Mask (link) was really nice. It had cute design on the gloves and it was really hydrating inside. My only complaint is that the gloves had no sticky tabs to wrap around the wrists and the gloves stayed open while on the hands. 

Lastly I have NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe (link). I was looking at different brand pencil when I heard some great reviews about NYX and I decided to try it. I fell in love the first moment I applied it on my brows. It seems like a tiny pencil, but it lasted my for 3 months using almost daily. I already repurchased this pencil and planning to continue using it in the future. It's very precise, not too hard and not too soft, applies easily, gives good control, stays on all day. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment