Friday, April 7, 2017

My Morning Skincare Routine

I discovered Deciem brands pretty recently, and I was very excited to try their products. So I got a couple different items, and incorporated them into my daily routine. Originally I was thinking to do a review on them, but while with some products I'm halfway done, there are others that are still waiting to be started. I know I mentioned Deciem brands, but this post is not just about them - it's something better! I'm about to share my morning routine, and what products I'm currently using.



The first thing I do in the morning is clean my face and neck with with hazel toner. I know I know, I'm supposed to wash my face in the morning, but this method worked for me for years, and I guess I'm just not into morning face washing. Currently I'm using Dickinson's hydrating witch hazel toner, but Thayer's is just as good. I've used Thayer's for many years, and keep switching between these two brands. I'm not a big fan of how this one smells (it's a little too strong smelling too), so next time I might stick to the regular one.

Next thing I do is use spray/mist. Right now I'm into Kiehl's "Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng" hydrating mist, which I really enjoy. While the bottle is only 2.5 fl oz (75ml), it's lasting quite well. This steps gives extra hydration to the skin, and prepares for next step.



Serum is a product that I skipped many times. In Fact, my skincare routine changes once in a while, and I go from using a bunch of products to minimizing to just a few essentials. Though today is the day of plenty, and I apply all 3 serums every day. The Ordinary "Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG" is an eye serum, which promises to reduce appearance of eye contour pigmentation and of puffiness. One drop is enough for both undereyes, and I use it both morning and night. I have dark undereyes, and I don't believe creams/serums can really help with that, but this serum is really nice, and refreshes, moisturizes, and depuffs my eyes. The Ordinary "Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5" serum for the face goes on next. I've only used a couple hyaluronic serums, but this one is my favorite for sure. It does help with adding moisture to the skin, and I see a difference while using the serum. The texture is a little bit sticky, but once I apply all other creams, and let everything sink in, the face is left soft and hydrated, and there's no stickiness to it. The third serum that goes on the face and neck is Hylamide "Glow Radiance Booster". Directions tell to apply it AM and PM, but I apply it only in the mornings. Over time it gives a little tint to the skin, but nothing dramatic, and nothing like a face tan. It's a nice product, but to be honest, it's not something that I need in my routine, so once I go through it, I'm not gonna repurchase.



By this time my eye serum is absorbed and I apply Drunk Elephant "Shaba Complex" eye serum. I know it says it's a serum, but the texture is like light cream, and I use it as a cream. Even by itself this serum gives me enough hydration. It's light, it's moisturizing, and it's great under makeup.

As for face cream I choose Estelle & Thild "Biocalm" soothing moisture day cream. I only need a small amount of it for whole face, and while it's on the lighter side, it's really hydrating. After trying their body butters and this face cream, I want to try more products from this brand.

My last step  in my morning routine is sunscreen. I used to skip this step many times, because while my skin is normal-dry, my pores get clogged from sun protection products. However, I want to find a product that would work for me, so currently I'm using MyChelle "Sun Shield" with SPF28 and so far it's performing great. I do apply less than recommended amount, but I hope it's better than not using it at all, and I don't have problems with absorption or break outs. This sun protection cream doesn't leave white marks, absorbs quickly, and let's skin breath.

If I'm not too lazy (or not in a rush), I'll use Peter Thomas Roth contouring tool. I'm in the market for a new tool like that, because while this one is great for forehead and for cheeks, I'd prefer something different for the rest of the face as this one is a little too hard on some parts of the face. Just to be clear, I love this tool, and I will continue using it even when I get another one.


Left to Right (top): The Ordinary eye serum, The Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum, Hylamide Glow booster
(bottom) Drunk Elephant eye serum, Estelle & Thild face cream, MyChelle sun protection cream

No comments:

Post a Comment