Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Favorite (And Not) Eyebrow Products

There are days when I don't feel like wearing mascara, and I don't, but I never ever skip perfecting my eyebrows. In general, I'm happy with the shape of my brows nor do I have spots where hair is missing, but my biggest concern is color. Even though I'm blonde, I go for a little darker/bolder eyebrows as that is what's giving my face some features. Otherwise with my light skin, light eye lashes and lighter brows I look too washed out. At least that's how I feel.

So today I'll share my opinion about a couple of my eyebrow products. Out of the 4, 2 are my all time favorites, one I like and one I don't.  I got all of these products by myself.



I can't remember the first time I used an eyebrow product, but I know I wasn't very skilled at using a kit with brow shadow/wax/etc. I also didn't want the hassle as I like to apply my makeup easily and quickly. So over the years I used mostly gel products just to tame my eyebrow hair and once in a while I would try some brow pencil though none really stuck with me. The first eyebrow pencil that I was totally in love with was by Sante in color "01 Blonde" (in photo above). It's a very convenient and quick application (plus it's great when traveling) as it has a spoolie at the end. The pencil is pigmented well, it's not too hard and not too soft, and it glides easily. The only downside is that if I'm using it every day, I finish it in a month as I sharpen it every or every second use. Obviously that's not a big issue for me as I keep repurchasing this pencil for over 4 years now.    
  
L to R: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Eye Brow Powder Gel in Taupe
100% Pure Long Last Brows in color Blonde

L to R: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Eye Brow Powder Gel in Taupe
100% Pure Long Last Brows in color Blonde
The next holly grail product is 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Eye Brow Powder Gel in color "Taupe". This product is fantastic! I love the color, I love how easily it applies on my brows, and even when using it for the first time, I had no trouble with it and got perfect result. This is also something that I've been using for years and years. When I purchased it for the very first time, it came with an angled brush (#8 if I'm not mistaking), and I still use it for application. However, I prefer shorter, smaller, a little more stiff brush, so I apply this powder-gel with Anastasia Beverly Hills #14 dual ended brush (angled brush on one end, and a spoolie on the other one). I can never remember to mark when I repurchase this powder-gel, but it does last for 6+ months.

Pretty recently 100% Pure came out with another brow product in a pot - Long Last Brows, which I got in color "Blonde". I had high hopes for it, but now I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean I like it, and I like it a lot, but I don't think it's better than their powder-gel. Long Last Brows does stay well on, and when removing swatches from my hand, it and Sante brow pencil took a few extra rubs before they were gone. I mentioned that in case anyone cares about it, because for me it's not an important factor as I don't touch my brows during the day and they stay perfect with any of these 3 products. The texture of Long Last Brows is softer than Fruit Pigmented Eye Brow Powder Gel, but I think powder-gel gives a little more control of the product when applying it..

While in pots and swatches these two shades look different and one is more warm tone while the other one is more cool tone, they aren't that different on my brows. The colors of both fit me well. Yes, the tone/shade differs, but I apply the product lightly (not as heavy as in the swatch), and you can't really see that different unless you compare the two side by side.

100% Pure Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder in Soft Brown

L to R: Sante Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde
100% Pure Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder in Soft Brown
The newest brow product from 100% Pure is Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder. I got it in color "Soft Brown", and it is the strongest/darkest/boldest color of the four. I used this product once - I didn't like it at all. I tried to find other ways to use it, but so far it's not working out. I don't like the brush, I don't like the application, and I don't like the result. The directions tell to brush it in the direction of brow growth, and that it can be built up in the areas needing more coverage. Well, I consider myself experienced enough at brow product application, but Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder was a disaster. First, the brush seemed uncomfortable and I couldn't feel it, so I went beyond eyebrow contour, which resulted in extra time to clean up. Like I mentioned before, I like quick and easy makeup application, so this was a con to me. This messiness started at the fullest part of the brows, so you can only imagine how bad it was at the end of the brows where they get narrower. The ends got too wide/big, which again resulted in fixing them up. Probably there's no need to mention that at this point I wasn't happy at all. The other downside of this product is that when looking up close I could see tiny loose fibers/particles on my brows, and especially around the areas where I have lighter brow hair. It didn't look good.

One time was one time too much by using Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder by itself, so I thought I might use it on top of other brow products. So, when I was getting ready to go out on Friday night I carefully applied this products on top of the other brow product to enhance the color (that part went ok), and proceeded to applying highlighter under my brow bone. Guess what - one more fail! The brow builder smeared all over my upper lid, because it got dragged by the highlighter brush. I must say I have never experienced that with any other of the 3 products mentioned earlier. I can apply my brow product, and highlighter right after it, and I get no messiness. While this product has good reviews on 100% Pure website, it just didn't work for me.      


To sum it up, I prefer 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Eye Brow Powder Gel and Sante brow pencil over the other two as they give the smoothest application. They will definitely be repurchased in the future. I will try including 100% Pure's Green Tea Fiber Brow Builder into my eyebrow routine, but if I can't find a way for it to work, I'm not gonna cry and just gonna get rid of it. As for 100% Pure Long Last Brows, I will continue using it, but right now I don't think I'll repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment