Saturday, April 1, 2017

March Empties

For a while I wasn't collecting empty packaging of the products I've used up as I just wanted to move on to the next product. Though during March I started saving the empties, because I like seeing how much and what I've finished, and also I enjoy getting rid of that pile of things at once. I've been using a lot of samples and minis last month, but I did finish up plenty of full size products.

Ecocare "rose & chamomile"organic facial wipes - amazing! This brand also carries "honey & apple" facial wipes, which I've used many many times, but I tried this scent for the first time. While I still prefer how the apple ones smell, these are just as effective in removing makeup. The wipes stay moist from the first until the last one, they're not too wet and not too dry, they remove any makeup easily and quickly, and one wipe is enough for the whole face. It's a must have in my drawer.

Shiseido facial cotton - another of my must have items. It's soft, big enough, doesn't tear up, doesn't leave cotton pieces on the face. I used to love CVS oval cotton pads, but these are just as great, and the price/quantity are equal too.

Kiehl's calendula deep cleansing foaming facial wash (sample) - it was fine, it did wash my face squeaky clean, but since my skin is normal towards dry, this wash might dry out my skin too much if used constantly.

La Fresh makeup remover wipes - these I got at the hotel, and they do the job. Yet I'm not a fan of the smell, and I can use them while traveling, but I wouldn't choose them as my regular wipes.

     


Andalou "avo cocoa" face mask -  I've used 3 of Andalou's face mask about 4-5 years ago, maybe longer. This was before they changed packaging, and masks themselves (?). Not sure if they really changed the mask, but in my memory it is different. This mask did make my skin soft, but the smell was irritating me, and all I wanted was to wash it off ASAP. It was sickly sweet, so sweet that I applied it as thickly as I could to use it up quickly.

Patchology lip renewal mask (sample) - it's a 5 minute hydrogel lip mask, which I enjoyed a lot! I would want to try out full size. It really lasted only about 5 minutes as it dried or at least didn't feel as hydrating after that time, but my lips felt nice and soft all day long. Though I did struggle a little bit with keeping the mask on - it seemed like it was on perfectly, but once I tried to speak, I couldn't position it as good as before again. By the way, it tastes/smells nice too.

Roloxin Lift instant wrinkle smoothing mask (samples) - I had fun using this mask, but I didn't see results or at least I don't remember them. I also don't have wrinkles, so not sure how it would work on those.

Tata Harper resurfacing mask (sample) - I think I tried this mask before and liked it quite well. Anyway, that was my thoughts before I tried it. This time I used up 2 samples as the directions tell to apply a thick layer, but one sample is barely enough to cover one side of the face pretty lightly. I didn't see any magic after masking, but my skin felt nice, and it wasn't irritated or red.  




Lancer polish, cleanser and moisturizer samples - they were nothing special, very regular. I liked the polish most the 3, and it also smelled nicely.

Tautropfen sea buckthorn misturizer (sample) - it was light, but moisturizing. It was good for a couple uses, and I would use full size.

NARS luminous moisture cream - I didn't like it. It just wasn't for me or for my skin.

Kiehl's pure vitality skin renewal cream - it was way too rich for my skin. I took only a tiny bit of it, and it was enough for whole face. However, after a couple hours I started feeling a pimple coming up on my cheek. This is very unusual to me, and will only happen with very rich creams and pore clogging makeup.

Mario Badescu caviar night cream (sample) - another cream that wasn't for me. I had my usual evening routing, and applied this cream in the end. I needed only a little bit for entire face and neck. 10 minutes later it was sitting on top of my skin, which made me feel greasy and uncomfortable. I wiped down a bit of it, and tried massaging the rest into the skin. Another 20 minutes later the cream still wasn't absorbed, and I had to wipe off as much of it as I could though the skin still felt like I had it on. I used up the rest of the sample on my legs, and I actually quite liked that.

Antipodes avocado & pear nourishing night cream (sample) - I've had the same sample a while ago, and it was too heavy for my, so this one I used up on my legs.



Erno Laszo transphuse eye refiner (1ml sample) - it was an ok eye cream, nothing special, nothing bad to say about it. I used it at night, and it really didn't last long.

Estee Lauder advanced night repair eye (mini) - if I remember correctly, it's only 3ml, but lasted for a couple weeks as only the tiniest amount was needed. It felt too silicone-y for my liking, but it was a good cream.

Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum (mini) - I prefer different texture (more watery or gel-like) serums, and since this one was like a very thin face lotion, I don't think I'd buy it full size. I also didn't like the dropper as at least on the mini, it was very uncomfortable in the hand and kept slipping out.

Odacite Marula Neroli serum concentrate (sample) - in general, I'm not a fan of oil based facial serums and mostly avoid them, but neroli is my only exception. Neroli is the only oil that doesn't clog my pores, doesn't sit on top of my skin, doesn't make me break out, etc. This is going to my wishlist as I do want a full size bottle. This serum makes my skin super soft, plump, full of moisture. I couldn't stop touching my face all day long (applied it on the day when I wasn't wearing makeup).

Burt's Bees nourishing lip balm - I love Burt's Bees lip balms! This one is no exception, and I will keep buying them again and again.  



Andalou clementine & ginger shower gel - I loved the smell, but the shower gel and the packaging were just ok. The packaging wasn't comfortable in the hand and felt as if I needed a lot of strength to squeeze out any product. The shower gel itself was like drying jell-o - it wasn't runny, it wasn't thick, but kinda in pieces that stuck together. It was ok if used with a sponge, but when I tried using it without a sponge, most of it would fall onto shower floor as somehow it didn't apply/stick to the skin.

L'occitane shower oil (mini) - I know a lot of people go crazy for its smell, but for me it wasn't that special. Yes, it smelled nice, but a little soapy. This oil lathers up once in contact with water, and it is very long lasting as only a tiny amount is needed.

Estelle & Thild spring rose body butter - must have for sure! The smell is heavenly! This body butter is in the form of cream, not too thick, not thin, but a small container lasts a long time. The smell is lovely on all of them (I used up a couple of these butters before), but it isn't strong. It moisturizes the skin well, and I will definitely buy them again.

Secret clinical strength deodorant - one more of my must haves. When I need 100% protection, it always does the job. No wetness, no smell.

Skin & Co citrus amaro hand cream (mini) -  it was good though I prefer my other hand creams. I did like the size a lot as it is perfect for carrying in the handbag.

John Masters Organics hand cream samples - I'm throwing these away as I've had them for a long while, and they're probably not good anymore. I might still have the same hand cream in full size somewhere around the house, and I should get rid of it too. While I love JMO as a brand, and I have my wholly grail products, this wasn't one of them. It's a little too thin, and also it makes my hand skin itchy once in a while.

Andalou exotic marula oil hair mask - this is supposed to be for one time use, but my hair is long, and it lasted me 3-4 times. I use all masks on my ends and go up half the hair length. This mask has a little bit minty smell, but it's very pleasant. It gives moisture to the hair, and leaves hair soft and manageable.

Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner samples - I'm not big on rose fragrance in my skin/body/hair products, but I really enjoyed the way the shampoo smelled. They both did their job, but I don't think there was anything special that would make me buy full size.




Laura Mercier pressed mineral foundation - this is my one and only mineral foundation since I discovered it almost 2 years ago. Laura Mercier also has loose mineral foundation that I enjoy equally though I prefer pressed version as it's easier to travel with.

Priti NYC nail polish in Ginger Snap Orchid - it's a beautiful color and a wonderful nail polish. I've mentioned this brand in my recent post. It is one of my favorite brands, but it's hard to get, and the colors online aren't accurately the same as in real life. Though the nail polish stays on well, applies easily and dries quickly.

The fragrance samples that I used up weren't anything special, and not something I must have in full size bottle, and since I'm not best as describing how fragrance smell, I'm not gonna describe them separately.    

No comments:

Post a Comment