Sunday, May 17, 2015

So many empties

This is going to be a long post as I have a bunch of products that I've used up. This is from around 4-6 weeks time. Some I finished before my trip, and others after the trip, but I used up a lot during my trip as I took a lot of samples and leftovers in order not to have to bring stuff back home.

-MyChelle "tropical skin smoother" face scrub - it's a very gentle, yet effective product. I've had it before (still in old packaging), and wanted to try again. Since the tube is so small, I took it on my trip, and used it up. I used it every day for 2 weeks, but it would obviously last longer when using 2-3 times a week. 
-Andalou "apricot probiotic" cleansing milk - that smell! It smells divine and it does the job. I had it a few years ago, and I wasn't disappointed now either. 
-Deep Steep "honeydew peppermint" moisture stick - never ever again I'm getting this product. I thought it will be so easy and mess-free to apply this body butter to my skin, but the stick is way too soft and melts easily when it's touching the skin. I used it on my soles to give moisture, and it lasted me less than 7 times (can't remember exact number, but I think around 5). The only good thing is that it wasn't greasy and felt quite light on the skin.
-Weleda "white mallow" body lotion - just like all Weleda's body lotions, this one was amazing! It was light, but moisturizing, it absorbed quickly, and had a pleasant smell. Since it's from a baby line, the fragrance was lighter than the regular ones. I would definitely buy full size.
-Deep Steep "daily reparing" shampoo and conditioner - these were just ok. I wouldn't buy them and I don't recommend to anyone as for that price you can get something really good. However, it's my personal opinion, and since everyone has different taste and needs, maybe for someone it's a great product. 
-Giovanni 'frizz be gone" hair serum - around 5 years ago I had this and was very happy with the product, but when trying it now, I wasn't so thrilled. It was an ok product, but I can't say anything good/bad about it.
-Himalaya toothpaste - it was a great size for traveling, but I lacked freshness in my mouth.          

-Alba Botanica "acne dote" face & body scrub - I'm sure you've seen it in my blog already, so I won't write too much about it. It's my must-have product, and can't imagine my life without it anymore. It usually lasts me much longer as I only use it for my tights, but this one I've used up during 2 weeks of my trip, because I used it as a full body scrub (and I used more than needed so I wouldn't have to take it back home).
-Andalou "sunflower & citrus" shampoo - this is a mini one, which I got for traveling specifically, but it's one of my favorite shampoos, and I do have a full size bottle in my bathroom.  

Mineral Fusion cleanser and face creamDolce & Gabbana "dolce" fragrance sample, Madara "deep moisture" cream, Trilogy "very gentle" moisturizing" cream, and Melvita "youthful" day cream - all products were ok, but I liked Mineral Fusion cleanser and Trilogy cream more than the rest of the items. Not sure if I'd buy them myself, but I would use them if I had them.

Weleda "skin food" cream, body lotions in "citrus""pomegranate" and "evening primrose", and Barefoot SOS cream - I love all of Weleda's body lotions, so I enjoyed using these samples. The lotions absorb quickly, are light, but moisturizing, and they smell lovely. Skin food is a very rich and super moisturizing cream, which is too heavy for my face or body on a regular basis, but it's great for feet or dry hands. I've never used anything from Barefoot SOS, but I did enjoy this sample - the cream was rich and very similar to "skin food".

Surya Henna "color fixation" shampoo and conditioner, Giovanni "golden wheat" shampoo, Broo "warm vanilla" conditioner, Giovanni hair and body super potion, Mineral Fusion "minerals on a mission" shampoo, conditioner and beauty balm, Giovanni "tea tree" shampoo and conditioner, Giovanni super potion and hair towelette - I do like Giovanni shampoos from the old lines ("golden wheat" and "tea tree"), and I've been a fan of those for years, but I do not like any new lines (the ones coming in colorful packaging). The super potions and hair towelette was just the same as "frizz be gone" serum, and all the products were slippery and didn't do much to my hair. However, out of this bunch I loved Broo conditioner, especially the way it smelled! The smell stayed in my hair for a while and I loved that. Full size bottle is in my wishlist now.  

-Too Fruit "banana and fig" face cream - it is from a kids/teens line, but I couldn't resist the smell. It does smell like bananas mostly. The cream was moisturizing, but wasn't heavy and didn't leave oiliness on my skin. I used it as a part of my evening skincare routine.
-John Masters Organics "rose & aloe" toning mist - I used it as any other toner, and I didn't see any difference with this one. I wouldn't buy it again as it wasn't any different from other toners that I've used.
-Nature's Gate toothpaste - I like NG toothpastes, and this was no exception. 

-Earth Science hair mask is a favorite of mine! I do have the full size tube in my bathroom, but I bought this one specifically for traveling. I've been using this product for years, and I'm still not bored. If I had to choose only one hair mask/conditioner, this would be my choice.
-JMO "rose & apricot" hair milk - I just don't care for it. I was super excited to try it, and had this product in my wishlist for a while. I was hoping for a light texture, something similar to JMO's detanglers, maybe even thinner since it's a hair milk. Yet, I was so disppointed when I received the product. I wasn't thrilled about the smell, but I got used to it. What made me sad was that this was quite a thick cream that made my hair sticky and "I didn't was my hair for 5 days" looking. No matter if you use a tiny bit of the product or a whole lot of it, the hair just doesn't look good. I used it up as an overnight hair mask by applying a lot of the product to my hair, braiding them and sleeping like that.
-Veria ID conditioner - recently I used up shampoo from this line, and I've just finished the conditioner. I didn't like it as it did nothing to my hair. I wouldn't buy this conditioner, because I can buy the one I love for the same price, so why waste my money on something I don't enjoy using.

-Aubrey Organics "raspberry honey" shave cream - it's not the first time I'm using it, and I still like it. It lasts pretty well, and the smell is nice. The texture is a bit sliperry/silicone-y feeling, but I don't mind that.
-Giovanni "tea tree & mint" shave cream - another favorite of mine. It does the job, the price is good, and the quantity is fine too. Nothing to complain about.
-Another one of Alba Botanica's scrubs - refer to the review above.
-Nubian Heritage "raw shea butter" body wash - the smell is sweet and strong, and was a little too much for me, but the creamy texture feels amazing! I highly highly recommend these body washes.
-Seaweed Bath Co. "citrus scent" body wash - OMG, I'm in love with this scent! It's citrus-y, but very natural and pleasant, and it has a nice texture. The only con is the color, which is a little weird, but that's nothing compared to all the pros. 


While I try my best to use all natural products, there are some exceptions that I will make, e.g. mouthwash+toothpaste for traveling. There are also some categories of products that I can't find equivalents to in natural department.

-Crest mouthwash and toohpaste, Dolce & Gabbana "light blue" fragrance, and Buxom "full & fabulous" mascara. "Light blue" is one of my all time favorite scents, and I've gone through a couple full size bottles as well as these travel sized sprays. I do have one 1.7 oz bottle that I currently use. As for Buxom mascara, I did like it, and it made my lashes full, and I would recommend it to anyone. Yet keep in mind that the mascara seemed to get thicker after some time and you could see chunks of it on the brush, so I had to make sure to wipe the brush before using.

-Garnier "white chocolate" hair dye - this is something I can't fully convert to in the natural department. I've used natural hair coloring products, but they don't give the results I want, which is very light blonde hair without any yellow/orange tone. Garnier does the job, so I keep using it for probably 6 years now. I do switch to natural hair dye once in a while (usually during winter), but I can't give up Garnier completely.
-Veet hair removal gel cream - I don't know about the "gel" part as for me it's a cream, but the product works, and that's all that matters. I know it's not the best option, but I never came accross natural hair removal creams. I wonder if there are any at all. I only use it for bikini, and this bottle lasts me about 6 months, so I don't put too much thought into switching to something better, but I definitely would if there was a natural product out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment