Friday, May 15, 2015

DIY: Spa for feet - lemon vodka pedicure

When it comes to feet, they can never be too soft, especially with the sandal season coming any day now. Recently I've heard about this "acid pedicure" that makes feet extra soft and crack-free. So, while researching what it is and what it does, I came across Cosmopolitan's vodka lemon pedicure, which I decided to try. My feet are on the dryer, but soft side, yet, I still wanted them to be smoother. After stopping at the grocery and liquor stores during my lunch break at work, I had everything I needed.



Here's the list of items needed:
-1 gallon of warm water
-2 cups of lemon juice
-1 thinly sliced lemon
-1/4 cup vodka
-1/4 cup of sugar
-1 lemon cut in half
-shea butter

As you can see from the picture, I didn't have enough lemon juice (somehow managed to buy only 1 cup, but used additional 1/2 cup that I had in the fridge), and I used an extra half of lemon. For shea butter I used Evan Healy whipped shea butter, which smells divine!



The whole process is very simple and I followed directions from Cosmopolitan's article. You combine warm water, lemon juice, vodka, and thinly sliced lemon into some basin (I used just a big pot for that), and soak your feet for 5 minutes. I did soak longer, maybe 10 minutes or so. Afterwards take one half of lemon, dip it into the sugar and scrub your feet. Keep dipping-scrubbing until that half of lemon is used up and perform the same on the other foot. However, my lemons were riped and juicy, so I felt that one half was enough for both feet. Once the sugar is gone, wash your feet with water, and apply shea butter massaging it well into the skin.

The whole ritual was fun, and I felt pampered (at least my feet were), but the result was more of a "per application", which means that my feet were very soft until I took the shower next time. The feet spa didn't leave a long lasting effect. If you have really rough feet, this might not be for you as it is kinda a gentle treatment, but I enjoyed every part of it, and I think I will do it again sometime.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment