Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Lipstick Top 5

I love lip products, and I have way more than I need or that I'm able to use up before they expire. I'm sure a lot of girls have even more than I do, but at this point (~30 lipsticks and ~20 glosses) I'm trying to stop myself from getting any new ones (unless there's a good sale, there's a color/shade I don't have, but need very much, etc.). I'm sure I can justify almost any lip product purchase.

Anyway, today I will share with you 5 lipsticks that are my favorites for one reason or the other. All of them are long time favorites as I've had them for a while now, or I've had different shade of the same lipstick in the past.

L to R: MAC Lustre in color Lovelorn, BareMinerals in color Heaven,
Avril in color Rose Vintage Nacre, Burt's Bees in color 515 Tulip Tide,
Honest Beauty in color Marsala kiss

L to R: MAC Lustre in color Lovelorn, BareMinerals in color Heaven,
Avril in color Rose Vintage Nacre, Burt's Bees in color 515 Tulip Tide,
Honest Beauty in color Marsala Kiss  
 MAC Lustre in color Lovelorn ($17 for 0.1oz/3g) - I think this was my very first lipstick from MAC around 8 years ago. I've gone through a couple tubes of it, and then didn't use MAC products until last year when I repurchased this color again. It's a brighter pink, but very wearable. I used to wear it at the time when I was into very neutral and nothing too bright/dark lip products. It was also a lipstick that I loved during my I-only-wear-lip-glosses phase. Over the years I had other MAC lipsticks, but only this one stuck with me. Also, it's from Lustre finish, so it's creamy enough, but not melting/moving on the lips. It gives a beautiful finish, and glides on the lips easily, and looks great even if your lips aren't perfect.

BareMinerals lipstick in color Heaven ($20 for 0.12oz/3.5g) - This is probably the most perfect, the most wearable nude shade that I've ever had. This whole collection has such a perfect and wide range of nude shades that everyone can find one that fits best. I also have color Tutu, which has a pinkish tone. This lipstick is very creamy, applies on the lips easily, and looks very moist. It wears well too.

Avril in color Rose Vintage Nacre (6EUR for 0.12oz/3.5g) - It is truly one of my all time favorite lipsticks that not only looks and wears amazingly, but has great ingredients. This lipstick has Ecocert certification. It's my third Avril lipstick, and I've loved each of them. This color is perfect to be worn anytime, and with any outfit. It's not matte, but has a little bit flatter finish, so it doesn't make lips look plumper like some other more creamier/shinier lipsticks do. Also, sometimes it feels a little dryer on the lips though the look of the lipstick doesn't change, and it doesn't dry out the lips. It is very pigmented, and applies very smoothly and easily. It wears like a dream and lasts through dinner and drinks. It also doesn't transfer on teeth, so I can wear it confidently.

Burt's Bees lipstick in 515 Tulip Tide ($9 for 0.12oz/3.5g) - I discovered these lipsticks last year, and I'm in love with them ever since. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, but I've never been crazy about other lip products until these lipsticks came out. They are 100% natural. I have two shades, and they apply a little bit differently, so I think my opinion on 515 Tulip Tide might not be true to all shades. However, this lipstick is fantastic! Pinkish violet colors look good on me, but it's not my everyday color, so I didn't want to spend too much money on it. I wanted to try these lipsticks, and since they had a color I was looking for, I went for it. It applies beautifully, and gives a very smooth, satin finish. The color lasts long, and even when it wears down, it leaves some tint to the lips. I know I have too many lipsticks already, but I'm planning on getting some more from this line.

Honest Beauty lip crayon in color Marsala Kiss ($18 for 0.1oz/3g) - Almost a year ago I had Honest Beauty lip crayon in color Mulberry Kiss. That was a beautiful shade, but due to its creamy texture, it seemed to move around the lips a little and was hard to apply nicely (especially around the corners of the lips). Besides, it would transfer on the teeth easily, so I was always checking how it looked. That was the reason why I was hesitant to get another lip crayon from this brand, but I just couldn't resist Marsala Kiss, which is a muted mauve. I love wearing it when I want something nude/neutral, but a little darker. Marsala Kiss wears beautifully, doesn't transfer on the teeth, and is easy to apply. It also lasts long, and doesn't dry lips.        


Here are some swatches in daylight.
Top to Bottom: MAC Lustre in Lovelorn, BareMinerals in Heaven,
Avril in Rose Vintage Nacre, Burt's Bees in 515 Tulip Tide,
Honest Beauty in Marsala Kiss 

No comments:

Post a Comment