Monday, February 26, 2018

Weekly Empties (8)

Another weekly empties starting with masks. Well, I love masking and it shows. I've used up one more of Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (link). I don't want to repeat myself, but these are great. I don't feel too much cooling on my skin, but they do firm undereye area very effectively.

I received Lancer Lift and Plump Sheet Mask (link) in my BeautyFix subscription box and I was really waiting for that special occasion/moment to use it as it is an expensive sheet mask. It promises so much, but I wasn't impressed by this mask. It wasn't cut ideally for my face though that happens with a lot of sheet masks. It was infused with serum well (but not to a point of dripping) and there was enough left in the package to use on my neck, chest and hands. The mask felt nice on the skin and I enjoyed the experience. However, I was expecting so much more from it. Once I removed the mask, my skin was plump and very soft, but only the area around my cheekbones felt somewhat firmer. I used it a few hours before going out, but even after removing the mask and patting in the remaining serum, my skin felt a little tacky and that sticky feeling stayed for the next 2-3 hours. It didn't interfere with makeup application though. Would I buy it again? No, because there are so many more less expensive sheet masks that give the same effect.

I know many people like Glamglow a lot, but I'm just ok with it's products. I used up a mini of Gravitymud Firming Treatment (link) and I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. A big pro for this mask is that it doesn't hurt when being removed. It's a fun experience to use metal colored peel off mask, but the firming effect is very minimal.

Mario Badescu Flower & Tonic Mask (link) is not my favorite mask from this brand, but it was good. This mask calmed the skin, gave light cleaning without drying and left my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Overall, I think Mario Badescu masks (and other products) are really reasonably priced and worth the attention.   


Sephora Aloe Vera Hand Mask (link) is my favorite of the 3 available hand masks. I use these masks when my skin needs extra hydration or before special occasions, because the result is not as long lasting as I'd like. The mask leaves hands very hydrated and soft, but it doesn't last long and lasts even less if you wash your hands. That's why I like using it right before bedtime and let the serum continue working into the skin while I sleep.

Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant (link) works like magic. If I need 100% protection, it never lets me down. I got hooked up on it a few years when I needed dependable protection for attending a special event. It worked great during the hot and humid summer as well and I just didn't want to be without it. I am trying to use it less often and rely on my natural deodorant for everyday use, but I am still going to continue using Secret for those important moments.

Alba Botanica Acnedote Face & Body Scrub (link) continues to be my must have product for years and since it's in my empties pretty much once a month, I'm not gonna expand on telling about it. 


I'm not crazy about Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara (link). I had a sample that I tried for a few times and I'm getting rid of it. It doesn't separate/arrange my lashes the way I like, it doesn't give as much volume or thickness as I like. It was ok when I layered another mascara on top, but, honestly, why would I use two mascaras and spend twice as much time when my other mascara gives the same affect by itself in one coat.

Another product from Urban Decay is Vice Liquid Lipstick in Amulet (link). I was eyeing a few shades, including Amulet, for some time, so I was very happy to receive a sample. While the shade is beautiful and application is easy, the formula doesn't work for me. This liquid lipstick feels uncomfortable and drying on my lips. Even only an hour into wearing it I start feeling such tightness on my lips that I start imagining that the lipstick is peeling and is becoming patchy/cracked on my lips though when I check in the mirror, I see that it looks pretty fine. I really wanted to love it and to use it up, but that uncomfortable feeling is not worth is, because whenever I wear this lipstick I only think about how my lips look.

No comments:

Post a Comment