Monday, September 11, 2017

BeautyFix September 2017 Unboxing and Review

I love surprises, but when it comes to subscription boxes, I'm torn apart. One part of me wants to open the package without any idea what is inside, and the other part of me wants to make sure that I'm getting what I will use and that I'm getting my money's worth. While I wear makeup everyday and take my skincare seriously, I don't need 5 eyeshadow palettes, 8 mascaras or 6 face creams. So the practical side of me wins and I check for spoilers before ordering any subscription box. I did a review on August's BeautyFix, and since I loved the spoiler, I decided to continue with my subscription. So here's what the September 2017 has to offer.  


NIA 24 Sun Damage Repair For Decolletage and Hands (link) was the product that got me to keep my subscription. I don't suntan on purpose, but during the summer I do get some color on my skin, especially on my arms and legs as those areas are uncovered. While I don't notice any sun spots or skin aging on these areas, I still want to take good care of my body and even out the skin tone or any sun damage that might not be visible yet. Hopefully this lotion will help me to do that. I've tested it on my arm and I liked the light, but moisturizing texture. It absorbed to the skin quickly leaving it very soft. The scent is light and pleasant.


The second spoiler that intrigued me was Bioderma Sensibio H2O micellar water (link) that I've wanted to try for a while now. I've heard so mane great things about it, but I've never tried myself.


I'm interested to try Dermalogica, so I was happy to see that BeautyFix included Precleanse Balm with Cleansing Mitt (link). I want to use up a few of my face washes before I try it out, but I can comment on the cleansing mitt already. Many brands offer them and I really don't see a difference among them. I actually have 2 of these silicone pads from Sephora and use them to wash my face every day. Since I am sensitive to vibration of different facial tools (I don't like the feeling), these pads saved me in giving my skin some extra love.


Hum included 6 packets of their Raw Beauty Green Superfood Powders (link). I'm a person who doesn't like all these powders and I usually don't like them no matter if they are mixed with water or juice or some smoothie. Though I will give these a chance and see if there is a certain flavor I prefer.


Lastly, there are 3 mini/sample sized products: Bioderma Sebium Shine Control Moisturizer (link), Manna Kadar Flutter Mascara (link) and Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Blackberry fragrance (link). I'm very excited to try the first two products as I've heard so much good about Bioderma products. I'm also always into trying new mascaras and mini ones are perfect for traveling and everyday. I use my mascaras for 3-4 months and since I never run out of one or use it up fully, these minis come in very handy. As for the fragrance, I like the scent, but it smells too edible to put on myself. Though I would love a candle, home spray or reed diffuser in that scent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment