Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Beauty Tips & Tricks

I think I said this many times, but I'll say it again - I love makeup and skincare. Though with that comes something else. Piles of samples that I never use or there's too much product in them for one use (but the packaging is not user friendly for using again at a later day) and products that just don't work as expected. What do I do with those? The answer is simple - re-purpose! So today I'll share a few ideas on how I use up products that I would throw away otherwise.


Eye products: I'm sure everyone had that eye serum/cream/treatment that works fine, but seems to be impossible to finish up (and the expiration date was close) or something that didn't work as expected leaving skin sticky or not sinking into the skin. I've seen this trick somewhere on Instagram and after I tried it, I keep doing that. It's a very simple deal - cut your cotton pad in half (I round it up, but it's up to you) and apply your eye product generously. Apply these moistened pads to your undereyes for 10 minutes and you'll have the greatest eye mask!


Eye/face products: If you really don't like your eye or face cream/serum and can't use it as suggested above, use these products as neck or hand cream or as a body moisturizer. Anything goes for this tip, so you can use up samples, deluxe or full sized products.

Hair products: The tip for hair products is very simple. Any hair cream, leave-in conditioner, hair butter, etc that is too heavy for your hair type, that doesn't work or there's too much product in a sample can be used as a hair mask. Just apply the product literately on your hair before bedtime and wash your hair in the morning (or at least an hour before washing your hair). I have fine hair that can get overweighted by a lot of products, but I love using them up as hair mask. I apply them to my ends and halfway through hair length avoiding roots.    


Painful peel-off masks: Not all peel-off face masks are the same and while some are removed without a problem, others seem to be ripping the skin off the face. I'm not a fan of torturing myself, so I usually end up using these painful peel-off masks only on my nose area (almost like a nose strip). However, recently I came across this peel-off mask and the directions told to apply moisturizer before applying that mask. I tried this tip with another painful mask that I have and it worked! It peels off so much easier and pain-free (or at least less painful) and doesn't seem to interfere with mask's effectiveness.  


Face wash/cleanser: Face washes keep piling up in my bathroom as I don't use them up as quickly. Besides, there's always some face cleansing product that I need only a tiniest amount and it seems I can't finish it up for months. I try switching them not to gt bored, but life happens and when I get sick of using the same product over and over again or when I have sample/mini sized face washes, I use them for a different purpose. I use these cleansers as brush shampoo or as a body wash.


Lip balms: I have a ton of lip balms around my house (on my vanity, in the bathroom, on my nightstand, in the kitchen drawer, in my handbag, in my car, etc.). Sometimes I get tired of or just don't like the flavor of my lip balms, and other times I just use them as a multi purpose product. Lip balms are great as cuticle calms and the stick form makes the application easy. Also, if I'm on the go and forget/run out of my hand cream or need to hydrate my arms/legs, I can always trust my lip balm. Usually I'll rub some of it on my palm and rub my hands together to make the application more even and the balm to absorb quicker.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment