Monday, March 28, 2016

Makeup Removing Cloths: Makeup Eraser vs. Jane Iredale's Magic Mitt

So today I decided to do a comparison review on two magical products. I say magical, because these cloths do not require any other product, except for water, to remove all your makeup.

I got Makeup Eraser from Sephora a couple weeks ago. I picked out pink one, but it does come in black and red as well (I didn't see red in the store near me). I was happy with my purchase, and decided to get Jane Iredale's Magic Mitt so I could switch while one is dirty and being washed, drying, etc. To tell the truth, I didn't know about the Magic Mitt until I was researching some lip products from the brand, and was really excited to find it.

However, despite all the good reviews online, the Magic Mitt is a disappointment for me. I ended up returning it to the store, because I can see it will not last long, and adding few $ more I can get a quality product. The material of Magic Mitt is very thin and not nearly as soft as Makeup Eraser's (if I didn't get it at Nordstrom, I would think I got a fake one or something). While it does remove makeup, it looks too worn just after using it twice. The instructions advice washing it by hands after each use, but I don't like that. I think that just as any other towel, these cloths should be washed in a washing machine to remove any makeup residue.


 

The Makeup Eraser can be washed in a washing machine, and is supposed to last at least 1000 washes. It is larger and thicker than Magic Mitt, so I only use about 1/4 of the cloth when removing my makeup, and I wash it every 2-3 days. After a couple weeks of constant use it still looks like new! Not only the size and thickness differs, but it is also double sided, so after you remove your makeup with one side, you can turn the other size for some exfoliating action. I admit I don't do it, so can't comment on how well it works. As for makeup removing, the Makeup Eraser works perfectly, and leaves face fresh and clean. However, I still like splashing some water for extra freshness after I use my cloth and micellar water.    


While sometimes reviewing products I try to stay impartial, and let the consumer decide which one is better, in this case Makeup Eraser wins hands down. While Magic Mitt does it's work in removing makeup, I would not recommend it to anyone due to poor quality of the cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment