Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Empties (part 2)

One more month down. March was amazing as a lot of greatness happened in our house as well in my makeup bag. I finished some of the product I've been waiting to finish, and purchased a bunch of new ones that exceed the expectations. Since this is an empties post, let's move on and talk about the finished items.


-Avene Thermal Water: I keep buying this or Evian water once in a while, but each time end up not using it. I will use it during a hot summer day to refresh my face, but then forget about it. I finished up this one as a face toner. The only complaint I have about the spray bottle (this goes to Evian water as well) is that I can't finish the product completely as it stops spraying while there's still quite a lot left (if I had to guess, I'd say at least 1/5 of the bottle was still full).
-Patyka Neroli Face Cream: I just loved the light pink color of this cream! I also love neroli in my skincare, so of course I had to buy this cream. I purchased it for winter time to give more moisture and protection for my skin. The cream is rich enough, but doesn't leave oiliness. I was happy using it, but not sure if I'd buy it again. As a cream it is really nice, but it did nothing magical, and I get the same result using Weleda's face creams for 1/3 of the price. With Patyka I got what I was looking at that time, which was a nice face cream and a high-end looking packaging.
-Boscia Green Tea Oil-Control Mask: For a while I wanted to get a peel-off face mask, but it seems quite hard to find one with decent ingredients. I was happy with Boscia, and with this mask specifically. I'm usually quite lazy to use face masks that I have to wash off, so this was an easy to use product. It would refresh my skin, and leave it soft and clean. I also tried the sample pack from Boscia with 4 of their peel-off masks, and the only one I really liked was Green Tea mask. I can't remember my opinion about the rest of them, but some smelled to weird, and I think the black one was so hard to peel off that it felt as if I'm ripping of my skin (I was crying while trying to remove it).
-Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfollating Treatment (sample size): While this sample size looks small, it's bigger than it seems! It lasted me for a while as you only need a tiny big for the whole face. This scrub is easy to use as it stays on the skin for only 1-2 minutes. I quite liked the tingling, and it didn't irritate my skin.
-Eminence Firm Skin Acai Cleanser (sample): Since I only had a sample, I can't tell much about it. However, I liked every single Eminence product, and the cleanser was no exception. I love the smell, it removed the makeup great, and left the skin fresh.       


-Madison Reed Hair Color in Roma Blonde: I color my hair myself, and use Garnier's White Chocolate every 6 weeks. It's easy to apply, and it's quick. I leave it on my hair for 10 minutes (roots and halfway through the hair). However, I wanted to try something different, and probably with better ingredients, so I turned to Madison Reed. Roma Blonde seems like a good match to White Chocolate, and I got it. I did get an extra tube of hair dye as it's recommended for long hair (I'm fine with one pack of Garnier though). I love how fast the shipping is, how safely the products are wrapped, and how the hair color box includes everything that's needed (2 pairs of gloves, hair cap, barrier cream, wipe, mini shampoo and conditioner). The result turned out great and I'm really happy with my blonde locks, but the process was painful. I'm used to coloring my own hair, so I used the same technique with Madison Reed. First, I struggled with getting the dye out of the bottle as the cream was quite thick and I'd have to shake each time before squeezing it out. Second, my hair got so tangled while coloring it that I didn't even try combing the color through the hair (I put the comb to my roots, and couldn't go an inch without stopping). I ended up using 2 boxes of the hair color to fully dye my hair. Third, washing it out was another painful and long experience. It wasn't too hard to remove the dye from the hair, but my hair was left so dry that I had to apply hair conditioner twice to full length (I usually put conditioner only to the ends of my hair) just to be able to run my fingers through the hair and not to have a tangled dry ball of hair on my head. The only hair color that dried my hair this badly before was L'oreal. Anyway, while I like the result, the whole experience is not worth to keep on using this dye. It takes me way longer, it's more expensive, and it's painful.
-Giovanni VitaPro Fusion Leave-In Hair Conditioner: This used to be my go to product for a long time, but as it happens quite often, I wanted to make a break and try something different. I did, and I came back to Giovanni. It smells nice, it helps to detangle my hair, it doesn't leave the hair greasy, and it conditions well. I really like this product a lot and would recommend to anyone!
-John Masters Organics Geranium & Grapefruit Body Milk: I love JMO's face and body products, so I was excited when they released new body milks last year. I'm not big on geranium, but in this product it smelled good and not overpowering. The body milk is light, absorbs easily, leave no greasiness, but provides moisture to my skin. It's great when you're in a rush, because it sinks into the skin quickly, and you can dress right away. I'm sure I'll buy it again.
-Alba Botanica Shave Cream: I've used this before, and this time I got it for my man (or maybe just borrowed while he ran out of his shaving cream). My man didn't like it, and I ended up using it myself. He didn't like it for the same reason I didn't like it - it's invisible. The cream is white-ish, but when applied on the skin it becomes see through, so it's hard to see if the whole area is covered. Other than that the cream did its job (Giovanni shaving creams are still my favorite).
-I went through my brush collection, and getting rid of two: Tarte double ended brush and Sigma SS194. I've never really used Tarte's brush as I didn't like it. Sigma's brush came in a travel set that I got a long time ago. While I still have brushes from that set, this one is never used as I don't like this shape for my concealer (Everyday Minerals Eye Kabuki is hands down the best wet/dry concealer brush). 


No comments:

Post a Comment