Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Perfume Collection

Just like with most beauty items, I tend to fluctuate with my perfume collection. Sometimes it grows big, sometimes it gets so small that I have only 1-2 fragrances, but usually this is something that is under control most of the time. I'm very picky with my scents, so I buy only the ones that I really really love. I also don't "save" my favorite perfume for special occasions and I use all of them depending on my mood.

I'm also very picky with my samples, and usually test them on paper before spraying on myself. If they don't pass the paper test, I don't even try them.


Dzintars Rue Pergolese (link) was my very first perfume that I remember. I do remember smelling my mother's perfumes, but Rue Pergolese was the one that dad got me and it was my own fragrance. The memories of the scent and of that moment when dad took me shopping were so strong and warm that I hunted down and got this fragrance a couple of years ago. When I smelled it for the first time after such a long time (probably 20+ years), it wasn't what is smelled like in my memories. Though I keep this perfume on my counter as a very special memory.


I always use whatever I feel like using at the moment, so I don't have "summer/winder/day/night" perfumes, but if I did, these two would probably be warmer weather scents. I've been using Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (link) for over 10 years and I still love it. Some people would argue that it's a boring fragrance, but not for me. It's truly "my scent" and I'm not bored of it. D&G comes out with different Light Blue variations each year, but there's been only one that I liked enough to get a bottle of.

Bvlgari Omnia Paraiba (link) is my very recent addition. I tested this perfume last year and I wasn't convinced that I need a full bottle. However, when I saw Macy's having a great deal on this scent, I had to have it. I like it a lot, I'm enjoying using it, but I don't think I would repurchase it due to a very poor staying power.


Generally Estee Lauder fragrances are not for me, but I fell in love with Sensuous Nude (link). It's a scent that I'm attracted to very much, but I don't wear it too often and I'm not into powdery perfumes, so I got the smallest size. I'm not going to repurchase it, but so far I've been enjoying each spray of it.

I was obsessed with Calvin Klein Deep Euphoria (link) from the moment I tested this perfume in the store, so I ha to get it right away. I still like it a lot, but I'm not as crazy anymore. It's only a second Euphoria edition that I like and I'm not into CK perfumes in general, so it was a nice surprise.

The fragrance that I've repurchased is Byredo Bal d'Afrique (link). Well, the one I have now is a hair perfume, but I use it like a regular perfume. When I finished my Bal d'Afrique EDP bottle I knew I will repurchase it in the future. I didn't want to do that right away, but I kept thinking about the scent, so I got hair perfume to keep as a scent reminder. Who knew that it wears and lasts well on the clothes!

I've tried all Derek Lam 10 Crosby scents, but only Blackout (link) stood out for me. Yet I didn't purchase it as it came only in big bottles and it was one of the perfumes that I wanted to have only a small amount as I knew I will use rarely. While I was debating what to do, the brand came out with 0.34oz spray bottles, and I grabbed one without thinking. I can't stand rollerballs, so the fact that this came in a spray bottle was amazing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment