Sunday, July 9, 2017

Leonor Greyl Treatment Before Shampoo Review

When it comes to beauty I'm not into oil based products, so I'm not sure why I picked out Leonor Greyl pre-shampoo treatment (link) as my first item to get from this brand. L'Huile de Leonor Greyl is basically a mix of different oils, which is meant to be used before shampooing or as protection from the sun.


The outer box is made from thin-ish cardboard and it's very simple in design. It looks more like a box that would be for a tester, not a regular product. However, I don't mind that, because while cute packaging is attractive, all of it gets in the trash the moment I get a product.

The bottle itself is made of heavy glass and feels really high end, except for the cheap looking plastic cap. Again, that white cap makes the product look like a tester on a shelf. If you look at the photo below, you will see that some of the writing from the bottle has already started peeling - it's been after only a couple of uses, so it's quite disappointing. It might be just me, but it just doesn't go with a $59 oil.



This pre-shampoo treatment can be used right before washing the hair or it can be left in the hair for a couple of hours or overnight. I tried both ways, and both ways give me the same end result. If I leave the oil in my hair overnight I can tell right away that I don't need any additional conditioners or detanglers in my hair after washing it. If I apply the oil just before shampooing my hair doesn't feel too slippery, but it dries perfectly without additional products in it. So in the end hair looks just as great no matter if I keep the treatment overnight or just for a couple of minutes. Another use for this treatment is to use it before bathing and sun exposure, but I didn't try it that way as it's not how I would use oils in general.

Since it's an oil based treatment, it has solid state in cooler temperatures. Running hot water over the bottle helps to liquefy it. The oil has flowery scent, which I can smell in my hair even after washing it. I guess it's because I'm not into floral scents, so I'm more sensitive in detecting it. That only bothered me the first time, but now I tolerate the smell as it's subtle enough.


Overall I'm happy with my purchase and I will try other products from Leonor Greyl, but I don't think I'll repurchase this oil treatment..      

No comments:

Post a Comment