Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Review: 100% Pure caffeine face mask

I like 100% Pure as a brand a lot, but was saddened by their recent price increase. I understand that raw materials go up, but some of the products increased by 30%, and that's not what materials increase by in one night. I assume there were more factors involve including shipping costs as 100% Pure now ships everything for free. The other awesome thing is their 25% flash sale on specific item. I do not remember for how long the sale lasts, but that information comes in the newsletter if you're curious. Anyway, one of the emails was promoting caffeine mask, and I just couldn't resist (they do have them in packs of 5 as well).


The mask is placed with water inside, and I was wondering how it's gonna feel on the skin. I was also worried that it will keep slipping off the face, but once put, it fell comfortably in placed and stayed on without a problem while I was working on my blog. The only weird things was the upper lip part which just wouldn't stay in place - if I fixed it, then the bottom of the mask wasn't feeling right, but if all else was fine, the upper lip part would just slip on the lip. That's how I left my mask on.


I kept the mask for about an hour even though the recommended time is 15-20 minutes. The directions mention that the longer you keep, the more moisture your skin absorbs, and the thinner the mask becomes. I didn't really notice the thinning effect. However, after removing the mask, my skin felt super soft and hydrated. In fact, I had a facial on Sunday, and the softness that my skin has after it up to today is the same one that 100% Pure mask gave me as well (except that caffeine mask's effect laster just for a day).

In general I'm not a big fan of masks, especially not the sheet ones, but I like this one. I"m still debating whether to get the 5-pack or not, but I'm leaning more towards yes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment