Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Brand review - KIDE

Fairly recently I found out about KIDE and its amazing products containing diamond dust. Not that I believe in gold/diamonds or other such stuff doing anything when applied to the skin, but I was attracted by wonderful packaging and good ingredients, so ever since I wanted to test a few products. However, some things are easier said than done. I could find only a few photos/swatches online, and the only place to buy KIDE in North America is The Detox Market. I did purchase my Kide "y-highlighter" there (review here), but I was hesitant to get other products, because they are quite expensive. Long story short, the products arrived, and here's my opinion on them.
      
-NE Correcting Powder
-KU Mineral Foundation in color "Natural"
-KA Shading Powder in color "Sunshine"

Swatches (bottom to top): correcting powder, mineral foundation, shading powder

These swatches are very very hard (not sure it would be possible to cover the face that much and look natural). The shading powder is still much lighter than it turns out to be in reality. 

NE Correcting Powder - I was probably the most excited about this product as I was hoping to use it as my main foundation to even out the skin tone and give natural glow (think of a natural option for Guerlain meteorites). The reality was that it did nothing for me. When I was trying it out, I had a red spot on my face, and thought that it's a perfect chance to see the real results of all these products. I applied this powder with a concealer brush to my red spot, and... nothing! I applied more and more, but still it didn't conceal it. I did use a concentrated powder brush to cover my whole face, but this powder just didn't seem to do anything. Later I did try to apply it on top of other mineral foundation, but since it gave no obvious results, I'm not sure if it did anything in that case or not. 

KU Mineral Foundation, color "Natural" - Even before getting it, I knew that it gives quite little coverage, but I was fine with that as I only need to even out the skin, and don't have much to cover. I was more worried about choosing the right color than about the coverage that it gives. The color is okay for me (I am "fairly light" from Bare Escentuals, and from Everyday Minerals I wear either semi-matte in "2N", or jojoba in "cream"), but the coverage, or should I say the lack of coverage, was the problem. Again, I did not get what I was hoping for from this foundation, and since it's called "foundation", I expected it to give that minimal coverage I was looking for. After applying the product quite heavily, I could still see my red spot very clearly, and the rest of the skin didn't look radiant or healthy - it just looked the same as with no makeup. However, I did find a way to use this foundation. I apply it when I want to refresh my makeup before going out in the end of the day, and it sets everything back in place pretty well. Yet it's not worth $85 for that purpose...

KA Shading Powder, color "Sunshine" - all that can go wrong went wrong with this one: wrong color, too pigmented, not matte enough. I was hoping to get a perfect shading/contouring product as this bronzer (and specifically this color) was described as a light matte one. Well, it's not light, it's not completely matte, and it's too pigmented. The color is more orange-y for my very light skin tone, so there's no way I could use it. Other than that, it's super pigmented, which would be great in other circumstances, but in this case it just makes things harder. I have a hard time to apply it light enough. Also, it has tiny shiny particles, and that is not what I was looking in the contouring product. Do I need to say I really didn't like it?


All in all, I'm happy I got a chance to try out more of Kide products. I do love my Kide "y-highlighter" in "gold", and I use it every day (no exceptions!). As for the products reviewed in this post, I will only continue using the correcting powder and mineral foundation, but I don't think I will even try to find a way to use the shading powder as it's too far from what I could work with.                  


No comments:

Post a Comment