Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: KIDE y-highlighter

Finally the beautiful Kide y-highlighter is mine! I could not stop thinking about this brand ever since I saw it online for the first time. However, it's not something I could check out in person as The Detox Market is the only one store selling Kide products in the USA, and I don't live close to it. They did have a sale on Kide products once, but I missed it, so when I saw that y-highlighter is on sale, I didn't miss my chance anymore.

It's a whole long story of how complicated my shipment was. The post office delayed the delivery, and on the day I was supposed to get it, I didn't. Turns out my package was left on top of mailbox on a pretty busy street, and someone stole it. :( The worst thing is that there was nothing the post office could do... I wish they were smarter then to leave packages outside. Anyway, the store was super generous, and sent me a new one, which I received yesterday, and I fell in love right away. Now I wanna try other products from Kide too!

I shipped the package to my work address this time, and all of my work stopped as I unpacked the highlighter - I had to take pictures and swatch it right away.



I wasn't sure what to expect as there aren't many swatches or real/user pictures of Kide cosmetics on the internet. I did find some YouTube video, but it wasn't of the best quality. Since the packaging was so cute, and I didn't expect anything less than perfect for the price, I decided to try it myself. I was debating, but chose color "Gold". I'm happy I got this color as it's not too gold-ish, and I think "Silver" could be too demanding for my makeup skills (I wear very simple and quick makeup, so "Gold" is a more universal and easy to use color).


The highlighter (just like all other Kide products) comes in a wooden package that feels really fancy in hands. It retails for $85, and there's 10 grams of product, so it's a bit pricey, but could be a great way to reward yourself.



As you can see from the pictures, the color is very universal, and the product doesn't have single glitter particles, but instead is very even. The highlighter feels nice and soft, kinda creamy/silky (not chalky at all). It's well pigmented, and it's easy to take on a brush and transfer on the skin. I fell in love with it the moment I touched it at work.  

It's definitely the most luxurious feeling highlighter that I've ever used, and I would recommend it to anyone without a blink. I understand it is a rather expensive product, so I'm sure one can find very similar looking (in terms of effect) one cheaper, but if you can afford it, and want something special for yourself, go for it!.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ne sneket, o pirkt reikia :) Is tikruju, tai dar ne tiek tu produktu norejau kol sio highlighter'io nebuvau isbandzius, o kai pabandziau ir jis toks tobulas, tai dabar visko noriu.

      Delete
  2. Nebent JAV gyvenant, nes siunčiantis į LT „Kide“ kaina lieka kosminė iš visų pusių :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAV ji irgi kosmine pakankamai ($85 :( ) ir tik vienoj parduotuvej ji yra, tai nera pasirinkimo. Nors buvo kazkada neseniai nuolaida toj parduotuvej visai Kide produkcijai, gaila pati praziopsojau takart. Bet rodos panasia kaina yra ir suomiu parduotuvese, tai nebus visu siuntimo islaidu (nors per tarpininkes is JAV irgi neturetu brangiai gautis siuntimas).

      Delete