Saturday, May 16, 2015

Intercontinental beauty haul and mini review

I was extra excited about my recent trip to Lithuania, because I wanted to see what natural/organic stores sell there, and to bring new brands to try. I've met nice people who told me about different brands, and that made me want to get everything. However, I decided to limit myself, and tried to pick the things that I would need most, instead of getting a bunch of items that will not be used for another 6 months or longer. Besides, there can always be another trip planned to get those items that I left behind.

So, here are the goodies from my recent trip:

-I've heard great reviews about Compeed blister plasters, and I had a chance to use them. On my second day in Lithuania I was wearing flats that I haven't worn since last summer. They were super comfy, but I remembered that after a while the sole gets kinda hard, which makes my feet tired, but never gives blisters. Anyway, I was out in the city wearing these flats and sure enough after 30 minutes I felt uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain the feeling, but it felt as if my sole is hitting a brick each time I take a step. This was so weird as the flats had soft sole. Anyway, I got back to the hotel and it turned out that I got the worst blister ever, which ran from the sole of my foot up to the side of the sole. It was huge and painful, and regular bandaids didn't help. So, I remembered Compeed and went to the drugstore to get them. After putting the plaster on, I barely felt anything, and thought it was a miracle product. Supposedly it works as second skin, and you have to wear it until the plaster falls of by itself. Well, for a few days it was fine, but then it seemed like the blister is getting bigger, and the pain returned. Eventually I took the bandaid off, and did the regular blister removal/cure procedure, which I'm not gonna mention as it is gross. So, I didn't have the best experience with these plasters, but at least I tried...
-Sante "bio-goji" lip balm was another item that I was interested in. There's never enough of lip balms, right? It's a very nice balm, in fact, nicer than I was hoping for. It's not too heavy, but moisturizers the lips well, and it seems it will last a long time.        

-Lavera "pomegranate and brazil nut" lip balm - I had it in my wishlist for so long, but never got before. I do like it, but compared to Sante one, I prefer Sante. Lavera is a bit more oily, and I don't like its yellow-ish/brown-ish color. 
-Another item that I've wanted for years is Logona "tropic" body butter. I was looking at it during my last trip to Lithuania, but didn't get as there were no testers and I wasn't sure how it smells. I didn't want anything too sweet, and the sales associate assured me it was sweet, but not crazy sweet. So I did get it, and I am very happy with my purchase. My nose doesn't smell any pineapple in it, but I do smell cocoa butter well. This body butter is rich and moisturizing, and the texture is that of a cream (not like raw shea/cocoa or any other butter), which makes it easy to apply. Another great feature of this body butter is that a small spatula is included with it (it's kept under the lid), so you don't have to dip your fingers into the product. 

Alterra is a German brand that offers natural products that have a very affordable price. I haven't tried anything yet, but I got makeup remove milk, 24H cream, lifting-effect concentrate, and face fluid. This brand has few lines with different products in them. I got only facial items, but there are hair care and body care products as well. The only downside is that I didn't keep the cardboard packaging (to make traveling easier), and that's where the Lithuanian and English descriptions were. I'm sure I will have no problems with using these goodies, but I wish I could read more about what they do.   

It's so hard to find high quality natural makeup, especially lip products and mascaras, but I think I managed to do one. Lepo lip gloss in color "10" was an unplanned purchase. In fact, I didn't even know about this brand. I was exploring the tiny old streets of Vilnius when I was passing some natural store, and decided to check it out. I went inside, and I wasn't thrilled with the selection. However, when I was about to leave I saw Lepo's stand very accidentally. I tested few products on my hand, and came across this lip gloss. Actually I was looking at the lighter color as this seemed totally not what I like, but the sales associate swatched both colors on her hand and right away I changed my mind. This color looks so different on the lips than it does in the tube! I love this gloss so much that ever since getting it, I haven't used any other. I wish I got another color too! The gloss is light, non-sticky, but lasts well enough. It has a very neutral smell/taste, which doesn't irritate me and it makes it easy to use the lip gloss for a long time without getting tired of it. As you can see from the picture, the color is very minimal, but it has nice shine to it. It also doesn't dry lips. Hands down it's my favorite lip gloss at the moment. Now I wanna try more products from this brand. The only problem is that they're not readily available, so I need to find a way to get them. Maybe a trip to Italy would work?        

While I was away, a few packages arrive to my house carrying all these goodies.
-Madara "anti cellulite" cream - I like these kind of products to tighten my skin after workout. Not sure if they really work, but I feel better, and that's what is the most important, right? This cream absorbs quickly, doesn't leave oiliness on the skin, and smells soft and nice. By the way, Naturisimo.com ships worldwide for FREE, and there's a code "TREAT" that gives you 10% off your order!
-John Masters Organics "geranium & grapefruit" body milk - haven't tried yet, but I hope it will be nice. I really like the original one ("blood orange & vanilla"), so hopefully the new body milk will be as good as that one or even better.
-JMO "bare" detangler - I'm currently using "citrus & neroli" detangler that is my favorite and I've used a couple of them, but I wanted to try something different, and "bare" is waiting its turn.
-JMO "raspberry & orange" body scrub - I was a little surprised when I saw the size of it (I knew what I'm ordering, but still it was a tiny container), but let's hope it works and lasts well.
-100% Pure "carrot" facial scrub - it's been on my wishlist forever, so I finally got it. Haven't tried it though as I'm trying to finish up 2 scrubs that I currently use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment