Sunday, March 29, 2015

Review: Sparitual "unveil" peel-off base coat

Have you ever passed on glitter nail polish just because it’s so hard to remove? Well, I have good news – SpaRitual “unveil” peel-off base coat. It retails for $17. This base coat is recommended for 1-2 day wear, and while in theory you may wear it as long as you want, for me it does start peeling after 3-4 days. I tried this base coat with different nail polishes, and each time it delivered what it promised. I don’t know if it’s just my imagination, but I feel like the nail polish dries faster when using this product. One thing that I noticed is that if my hands stay in water for longer periods of time (e.g. dish washing), the nail polish starts peeling off. Last time the whole nail (I mean the base coat with nail polish) just fell off after dish washing. Yet, the others stayed intact and all I had to do is fix that one nail to have a perfect manicure again. Other than that I have no issues while using “unveil”. The nails don’t get ruined by everyday activity, and the nail polish stays on until I want to remove it.
SpaRitual "unveil" base coat - Dermstore offers free shipping on this product

Ingredients:

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Triphenyl Phosphate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Propyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, N-Butyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Stearalkonium Bentonite,Mica, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Silica, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Benzophenone-1, Polyvinyl Butyral, Citric Acid,Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 15880 (Red 34), CI 77491 (Red Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Black Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Yellow Iron Oxide), CI 77489 (Brown Iron Oxide), CI 15850 (Red 7), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens). 


The only other peel-off base coat I’ve tried is OPI “glitter off” base coat, which was a disappointment as the nail polish wouldn’t peel in one sheet from the nail, and came off in tiny pieces even when scratching it off the nails. Needless to say that was just an experiment (the scratching part) and I ended up using regular nail polish remover.       


No comments:

Post a Comment