Sunday, March 22, 2015

New York is always a good idea... + Introduction


When was last time you did something for the first time?

I’m starting this new experience of blogging with hope of sharing all things beautiful… and natural! While exploring new products to try, I often have trouble finding reviews or swatches for some of them. I’m still not hundred percent converted to natural makeup, but I’m doing my best to finally do it and get rid of the bad-ingredient leftovers in my makeup drawer. So, in my blog I will review natural/organic items as well as share other details of my life (shopping, trips, everyday events, etc.). I don’t want to limit myself just to skincare/makeup, so I will be flexible with the topics I write about. I want to have fun with my writing, and not to be boring for myself. Yet, I really hope my product reviews will be helpful to others when deciding to try something new and to choose something better for oneself.


So, let’s get down to business.

Few weeks ago I was visiting my friends/went to a birthday party in New York. Oh, how I love the city! I get charged with energy once I get there, so no wonder I’ve been travelling to NYC so many times during the past year. I got so used to these trips that I even don’t take pictures anymore, and just enjoy the things I do. However, since I had this blog in my mind during my recent trip, I did put my iPhone’s camera to work.

This was my first time at the Grand Central station. It was a fun experience to do some shopping (did I mention I'm a tea addict?), to visit the market and to learn the secrets of the station itself.

the tempting market at the Grand Central station - never visit it when you're hungry :)

Shopping is the exciting part of my weekend getaways to The Big Apple! I check out the brands and stores that I don’t have back home. I know, I know, the almighty internet can help me with that, but I still like the touching part (seeing is believing!). Even my friends know that I have to visit every Whole Foods I see as I always find something different from what I find at Whole Foods here since different regions carry different brands. For this reason I was taken to Mrs. Green’s, and I did find a few things to try. P.S. One thing I still need to get is NYC magnet.
Mrs. Green's in Hartsdale, NY

I was really curious to visit Henri Bendel. I got my card case personalized (bought it online a while ago) and while in store I got tempted by this beautiful train case, which I got personalized too. It was perfect for my trip home!
Henri Bendel on 5th Ave.

While in NYC, I always get Sante eyebrow pencil in color "blonde" (this time I got two) - it never fails to give me perfect eyebrows! This time I also got Sante "lip duo contour & gloss" dual ended lip pencil in color "nude look". Weleda's creamy wash in not something I cannot get at home, but I didn't find the "citrus" one at my usual store, so I got during my trip (Whole Foods has an amazing sale on Weleda products currently!). 

Sante eyebrow pencil in "blonde" and
duo ended lip pencil in "nude look"






Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment