Monday, October 9, 2017

BeautyFix October 2017 Unboxing and Review

Another month, another BeautyFix beauty box. I've tried a few subscription boxes in the past, but this is the one that I'm sticking to. I see good value in what I get for the price I pay. Also, it offers a great variety of products each month.


I was very excited to receive Dr. Brandt PoreDermabration exfoliator (retails $58, link). I haven't tried it out yet, but I've had this kind of product from Dr. Brandt in the past and it was one of the best, so I have high hopes for this one too.


I was also very happy to receive Paula's Choice Skin Firming Line Minimizer serum (retails $50, link) as I've heard great things about this product. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to use it myself or gift it to somebody.


I love sheet masks, so I've used Avene Soothing sheet mask (retails $9.50, link) right away. I loved how big an comfortable the mask is. The serum is gel-like, so the mask stayed well on the face and felt nice. My skin was left very soft and calm. I would definitely buy it again.


One of the samples this month was Smith & Cult The Shining Lip Laque in color Her Name Bubbles (full size retains $22, link). I love the color, but this product doesn't work for me. I've had it in another shade and it's just too sticky and not enough pigmentation for my taste, so I'm not vn trying this sample.

The other sample was Tocca Stella EDP (1.7 oz retails $72, link). I liked the notes and when I sprayed it on myself, I liked it even more and I'm thinking of getting it full size. It's a beautiful scent that is perfect for fall - sweet, but not too sweet with the notes of citrus and flora. I like Tocca products, because they offer a variety of products in their scents (e.g. candles, body lotions, soaps, hair perfume, etc.)


BeautyFix also included two deluxe samples though one of them turned out to be good for one use only. Arcona Cranberry Gomage (3.4 full size retails $47, link) is a very fine facial exfoliator. It smells nice, but the scent is strong. The tube seems big nough, but it only contained product for one use. It's not the first Arcona product that I've tried and I've noticed that in the past that even some full size products have a somewhat deceiving packaging. The packaging looks big, but it is not filled completely with a product.

La Roche-Posay Hydrating Gentle Soap Free Cleanser (full size retails $14.99, link) sounds promising for colder weather when my skin gets dryer and needs more moisture. I haven't tried it yet, but the description sounds like something I'm going to like a lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment