Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Brand review: In Love With Body Care

At least a year ago I came across the brand called In Love With Body Care. Actually, I was looking for a good natural deodorant, and this brand had one with great reviews. I saved it to my wishlist, but only got to try it now. In fact, if not for the company sending me all the goodies, I might still be having my wishlist full (not that it is ever empty).

The products that I was mostly interested, and that were sent to me (including the extras added by the company) are these:
-spray'n'towel hair cleanser
-conditioning hair plumper
-deodorant in "Greece" (I picked this fragrance as I love neroli)
-body lotion in "Lemon Meringue" fragrance
-lip balm in "Coconut Lime".

Spray'n'towel hair cleanser: this is the only product that I didn't like, but that might be because I don't know how to use it. I mean I know what it's supposed to do, and I follow the directions, but I was expecting something else. I was hoping this will be like a dry shampoo, except that it's a spray. The description also mentions refreshed "beach hair". Well, I did try it out on my second day hair, and it seemed to revive my hair, but only for a short period of time as I wasn't happy about my hair at the end of the workday.

Conditioning hair plumper: I enjoyed using the product, and I still have a little bit left. I use it as a spray conditioner on the lower part of my hair. This spray helps to detangle the hair and leaves it soft and moisturized.

Deodorant in "Greece" fragrance: I love Greece, but I love neroli scent more, and this was the only reason why I picked this specific fragrance. Too bad it has a very light scent, so I don't pick out neroli note. I was a little concerned that this deodorant might dry my underarms, yet after using it quite regularly, I must admit it's not drying at all. It leaves me smelling good all day long even in the hot and humid weather, so I don't have to worry about raising my arms in public (e.g. while commuting). I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think it might leave white spots on the clothing. I'm trying to track it to be certain, but it seems like sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if that might be due to the amount applied and the salts in the ingredients. However, I do have one thing to complain about. The consistency of this deodorant is to the softer side, and feels kinda creamy. Don't get me wrong, it's a stick deodorant, and it doesn't melt in the hot room, but when applying it to the skin, it becomes soft. This is not a big problem, but it is inconvenient if I'm in the rush as I have to rub it in with my hands. Also, the sides of the tube get messy, so those require wiping as well. While the texture gives some inconvenience, it's not gonna stop me from buying the deodorant again, because it's really one of the greatest that I've ever tried.      

Body lotion in "Lemon Meringue": this lotion has an interesting texture as it's quite thick for the lotion (as you can probably see from the photo below), but it's not greasy or heavy on the skin. It absorbs well and gives plenty of moisture for the skin. The sample size lasted me for a pretty long time I'd say around 2 weeks. The scent is sweet and strong, so if you are sensitive to that, you might not like it. I enjoyed using the sample, but not sure if I wouldn't get tired of this scent when using the full size product.

Lip balm in "Coconut Lime": lime is not something I like in cosmetics, and it didn't sound a good combination with coconut at first, but I love lip balms, and since the company sent this to me, I decided to give it a try. OMG, I love it! I can barely taste any lime, the smell of the lip balm is very light, not overpowering at all. The texture is perfect (not too soft, not too hard), and the oval shape makes it very easy to apply it on the lips. The balm glides like a dream, and gives fantastic softness to the lips! I know I sound very excited, but that's how I feel about this lip balm.


In general, I really enjoyed using In Love With Body Care products, and highly recommend to try out the brand for yourselves. As for myself, I will very likely repurchase the deodorant and lip balm (both in different scents), because these products really wow-ed me. I wasn't thrilled with body lotion's scent, but it does come in "Coconut Lime" as well, which I'm very tempted to check out (if it smells as good as the lip balm, I'll be more than happy).   

No comments:

Post a Comment