Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My Evening Skincare Routine

I already shared my morning skincare routine, so now I will tell about my evening skincare routine. In general, it's not much more different than what I do in the mornings as I use some of the same products, I layer them on my skin, and I use a lot of different bottles. I'm a little less careful at night about product textures as I don't mind if they take longer to absorb, if they leave a little more oiliness/stickiness on the skin, etc. Just because I don't have to wear makeup afterwards, I'm more forgiving, but I still want the products to meet my expectations.



First thing is to clean my skin, and I do it in two steps. If I don't wear makeup during the day, I might skip step 1, and just wash my face. The step 1 is to remover my mascara and then lightly go through the rest of the face using either Promise Organic coconut facial wipes or Pacifica "cactus water" micellar water. These wipes are not my favorite as I prefer another brand currently, but they do a good job. I only wish they were a little bigger and/or a little thicker. Pacifica's micellar water is amazing. In fact, I like Pacifica face washes and micellar waters a lot, and I might do a separate review on this brand.

Next step is to wash my face with face wash. I also use this pink silicone pad from Sephora. At the moment I'm using Acure sensitivee facial cleanser, which I apply on the cleansing pad and massage all over the face. I'm not sure why, but I prefer that rather than doing that with my fingers, but I have no problems rinsing my face off with my hands.



I'm not going to talk a lot about this duo as I told about them in my morning routine entry (HERE). I apply Dickinson's witch hazel toner on a cotton pad and go over my entire face. Next, I spray Kiehl's"Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng" hydrating mist and let it sink in.



Once my skin is clean, it's time to move on to hydration. Just like in the morning routine, I apply The Ordinary "Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG" eye serum on my undereye area, and then apply The Ordinary "Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5" face serum to my entire face. I let both serums to be absorbed, and layer Laidbare "From Dusk Till Dawn" facial serum on top. Now this serum has oil texture, which isn't my favorite. I don't mind it too much for a nightime product, but if I can choose, I never buy oil based serums.

Again, this is mirroring morning routine, and I apply additional product on my eyes. I like using Strivectin intensive eye concentrate for wrinkles for that purpose. I got it in a sample bag, and didn't think much of it, but I really like it once I started using it. It's a deluxe sample size containing 7g, so it will last a long time. The texture is a little slippery (but doesn't feel silicone-y), it spreads easily, and absorbs quickly. I can't comment on how it works on wrinkles, but it feels nice on, feels hydrating, and that's enough for me. Lastly, I apply face cream to my face and neck. By the way, I know I didn't mention that, but anything I apply to my face, I apply to my neck as well (creams, serums, cleansers, etc.). Currently I'm on a mission to use up a whole bunch of mini cream bottles that I acquired through time, so I use them at night. Right now the lucky one is Kat Burki "Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream", which I fell in love with the moment I tried it for the first time. It is so great that I have it in my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment